3M 401+ Green Crepe Masking Tape
3M™ High Performance Green Masking Tape 401+ was designed using a proprietary solvent-free synthetic/natural rubber adhesive. It is a green colored crepe paper masking tape for critical paint masking applications in the automotive,specialty vehicle, and industrial markets where excellent holding and high temperature performance are required. Removes cleanly in one piece with no adhesive residue.
- Withstands surface temperatures up to 250°F/121°C for 30 minutes
- Ideal tape for industrial painting, including two-tone color applications on trucks, buses, trailers, trains, fire trucks, ambulances and airplanes
- Easy to tear, which aids in handling, yet strong enough to resist slivering, providing "user friendly," one piece removal
- Conformable for easy masking around corners, over contours and irregular surfaces
- Resists bleed through from most industrial paint systems
- Improves visibility during the paint masking process
- Provides super sharp paint lines
- 6.7 Mil Total Thickness
- Roll Length - 60 yards
- Tensile Strength (lb/in) - 25
- Elongation (%) - 10
- Steel Adhesion (oz/in) - 36
- Can be qualified for ASTM D-6123
What is Masking Tape?
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. Masking tapes from 3M™ adhere well, resist solvents or water from the paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. The backing, typically crepe paper, can conform to curved and irregular surfaces. The tape hand tears for tool-free application.
|Temperature Range||0 - 250 F|