3M 468MP Adhesive Transfer Tape
3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 468MP provides outstanding adhesion to metal and high surface energy plastics. 200MP adhesive delivers excellent shear strength to resist slippage and edge lifting. The tape is temporarily repositionable for placement accuracy. It also performs well after exposure to humidity and hot/cold temperatures. A PCK layflat liner helps prevent curling and buckling in the liner.
- Long term bonding of graphic nameplates and overlays (“subsurface” printed polycarbonate or polyester) to metal and high surface energy plastics in the aerospace, medical and industrial equipment, automotive, appliance and electronics markets
- Bonding metal nameplates and rating plates in the aerospace, medical and industrial equipment, automotive, appliance and electronics markets
- Bonding graphic overlays for membrane switches and for bonding the complete switch to the equipment surface
- High speed processing of parts in the medical, telecommunications and electronics markets (medical components, durable labels, and flexible circuits)
- Lamination to industrial foams for rotary die-cutting of small gaskets for industrial and electronics markets
- Excellent short-term heat resistance and will continue to perform at temperatures up to 400°F/204°C.
- Adhesive tape delivers exceptional shear strength for metals and HSE plastics
- Provides very high resistance to solvents and humidity
- Special PCK liner for increased dimensional stability in high humidity storage, processing, shipping and application conditions virtually eliminates curling, buckling and rippling
- 200MP acrylic adhesive is considered the industry standard for graphic attachment and general industrial joining applications
- Temporarily repositionable adhesive improves placement accuracy, reducing rework
- 5.2 Mil 3M High Performance Acrylic Adhesive 200MP
- 4.2 Mil 58 lb. polycoated kraft paper liner
- 9.4 Mil Total Thickness
- Roll Length - 60 yards
- Dielectric Strength (V/mil) - 674
- Dielectric Constant - 3.32
- Steel Adhesion (oz/in) - 108
What are Adhesive Transfer Tapes?
Adhesive transfer tapes are rolls of pressure sensitive adhesive pre-applied to a special release liner. For application, the tape is simply pressed, adhesive side down, to a surface and the liner is peeled off. A variety of adhesive properties and liners are available to meet requirements for applications such as nameplate attachment to high and low surface energy plastics, appliance graphic overlays that perform in high temperatures, foam gasketing, web splicing, signs, posters, banners, point-of-purchase displays, and more.
When bonding a thin, smooth, flexible material to a smooth surface, it is generally acceptable to use 2 mils of 3M™ Adhesive 200MP (467MP). If a texture is visible on one or both surfaces, the 5 mil 3M adhesive 200MP (468MP) would be suggested. If both materials are rigid, it may be necessary to use a thicker adhesive to successfully bond the components. 3M™ VHB™ Acrylic Foam Tapes may be required.