3M 501+ Tan Specialty High Temp Crepe Masking Tape
3M™ Specialty High Temperature Tan Masking Tape 501+ is a tan colored crepe paper masking tape for critical paint masking applications in the aerospace, automotive, specialty vehicle, and industrial markets where excellent holding, multiple or extended process cycles are endured and high temperature performance are required. The tape sticks instantly to most surfaces, including metal, rubber, glass and plastic, as well as EPDM-type rubber moldings.
The high-strength crepe-paper backing is treated with a heat resistant saturant which conforms to irregular surfaces, resists bleed through from most industrial paint systems, improves visibility during the paint masking process, and helps you achieve sharp paint lines. An ideal tape for industrial painting, including two-tone color applications on trucks, buses, trailers, trains, fire trucks, ambulances and airplanes. It is easy to tear, which aids in handling, yet strong enough to resist slivering, providing "user friendly," one-piece removal. The tape is conformable for easy masking around corners, over contours and irregular surfaces.
- Temperature - up to 300°F /149°C for 30 min
- High-temperature rubber adhesive quickly sticks with confidence to most surfaces – including metal, rubber, glass, and plastic
- Smooth crepe paper backing conforms and maintains integrity when formed around a corner
- Provides super sharp paint lines
- Clean removal from many surfaces following multi-bake, high temperature bake or extended process cycles
- Extra strong high-temperature tan crepe-paper backing resists bleed through from most industrial paint systems
- Low unwind improves handling in wide-width applications
- This tape can be qualified for ASTM D-6123 (replaces obsolete PPP-T-42C, Type I, (CID-A-A-883B).
- 7.3 Mil Total Thickness
- Roll Length - 60 yards
- Tensile Strength (lb/in) - 26
- Elongation (%) - 10
- Steel Adhesion (oz/in) - 36
What is Masking Tape?
Masking tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and remove easily and cleanly when finished. Masking tapes from 3M™ adhere well, resist solvents or water from the paint, and are strong enough to hang plastic sheeting, yet remove cleanly without damaging the subsurface. The backing, typically crepe paper, can conform to curved and irregular surfaces. The tape hand tears for tool-free application.
|Temperature Range||0 - 300 F|